Thursday, April 24, 2014

Mini Haul from "Kirks"

Recently my Mum and I did a day trip down to Wellington and a visit to Wellington is never complete for us without popping into Kirkaldie and Stains (or Kirks as I like to call it).

Kirks is a premier department store in the Wellington CBD, if you're from Auckland then it is similar to Smith and Caughey's or in Australia David Jones.

The number one reason I love Kirks is their beauty department.  They have Dior, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Nars, Stila etc which aren't available in the provincial city I live in so it's an absolute treat to be able to go into Kirks and see all the gorgeous high end products that I don't get to see too often.

There were just two items on my shopping list that I wanted to pick up - yes only two!  Makeup and beauty items here in New Zealand are double or triple the price that you would pay for in the USA so often when I am buying quite expensive products I do research them first and test them where I can before laying out quite a bit of money. 

So - what did I get?


First item I got is one that I can actually purchase in my city however I picked it up on this trip to Wellington because I hadn't had a chance previously to get to my nearest Shiseido counter - a box of the Shiseido Facial Cotton.

Jodi from Goo Roo Beauty on You Tube (I will leave a link to her channel down below) has mentioned these a couple of times now in her recent videos and I was really keen to give them a go after her rave reviews.  

Now, facial cotton, cotton rounds, cotton pads, however you call them - how are these any different to the value packs you get at Kmart or the Supermarket?  I think there are two ways to describe this - firstly, it's a bit like the Rolls Royce of facial cotton and secondly, it is what I would imagine a cloud would feel like on your face.  So soft, so thick and just a beautiful luxurious feel.  Now, I don't feel like these are too expensive, in New Zealand they retail for $8 for a box of 60 pads which I don't think is unreasonable at all and I am quite willing to pay that price.  I will probably reserve these only for use on my face (i.e. I will use cheaper ones for removing nail polish). 

The second item I got is one that I am super excited about.  My very first Nars product. 
Everyone raves about Orgasm, Laguna, Turkish Delight but I wanted something that I don't have a lot of already.  So, after much research online I came across the highlighter called Satellite of Love.  My picture above doesn't do it justice but it is a gorgeous champagne highlighter with beautiful light reflecting particles making it gleam and glisten (I wouldn't say it's glitter but if you're not into glitery products then this isn't for you).  Now, this highlighter is from the Andy Warhol collection which originally was released towards the end of 2012.  I managed to get my hands on the last one at Kirks so I was super happy about that.  This is a pricey product and set me back $59.

If you have the products I have mentioned above I would love to hear your thoughts so please do leave a comment for me :)

Thanks for reading!

Xoxo

Katie

Goo Roo Beauty
Shiseido Facial Cotton
Nars Satellite of Love (click shade options to see Satellite of Love)
Kirkaldie and Stains
 

No comments:

Post a Comment