Thursday, January 16, 2014

Popping my LV Cherry

Every girl dreams of THAT day.  The day of walking walking into a Louis Vuitton store and being able to purchase something.  At least I would hope!

So cue my first time.  2nd January 2014, Surfers Paradise, Australia.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a label basher.  I'm not someone that has to have designer everything.  I have loved Louis Vuitton for a good ten plus years now and I have dreamed of the day of actually being able to justify purchasing a product from there. 

I knew going on my trip to Australia over the summer holiday break I would be purchasing the Louis Vuitton Monogram Key Pouch.  It was an item for me that is practicable, I would use on a daily basis and was in my price range.

For those reading this that haven't been to Surfers Paradise, it's a city on the Gold Coast in Queensland, and as the name of the city might suggest - it is a haven for surfers.  The beaches are absolutely stunning.

As the reason for going to Surfers was for a day on the beach I was only dressed in very casual attire and I thought that walking into LV I would be ignored due to not 'looking the part' but I was super surprised to be greeted by a sales associate almost immediately who looked after me and even congratulated me on my first LV purchase. 

I did do a lot of research before commiting the money to this item.  In Australian Dollars it was $215 and for such a small item, spending that amount of money is an investment so I wanted to be sure that I was spending my money wisely.  The greatest help is always found on You Tube and Jerusha of Jerusha Couture cannot rave enough about the Key Pouches.  (If you haven't checked out Jerusha before, please do, her bag collection will make you green with envy! ).

I've been using the Key Pouch ever since returning to New Zealand and I absolutely love it.  The pouch itself just holds the swipe card for me to get into my apartment building and the key chain holds my house keys and car key.  The only downside is that my house keys won't fit onto the clasp.  Instead I have these hanging off another key ring that is attached to the clasp.  The clasp can also be a a bit fiddly to work first time, I wasn't shown so if you are considering purchasing this item and haven't seen this type of clasp before do ask the sales associate to show you how it works, otherwise you'll be like me having to ring the local Louis Vuitton store (which for me is a six hour drive away) to try and get them to explain over the phone to me how the mechanism works!

Overall I'm delighted with this item and so proud of to own.

Next on my wishlist from LV is either the Pochette Accessories or a Speedy 25, however these purchases won't be any time soon - unless I win Lotto!

XOXO Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment